At The London Prosthetic Centre, we offer virtually every prosthetic component available. From the most sophisticated computer controlled systems to state of the art socket fitting systems and techniques
The prosthetic knee must fullfill the following 3 functions:
- Provide support during the stance phase of ambulation
- Produce smooth control during the swing phase
- Maintain unrestricted motion for sitting and kneeling
The prosthetic knee can have a single axis with a simple hinge, or it may have a polycentric axis with multiple centres of rotation.
The 5 basic functions of the prosthetic foot are as follows:
- Provide a stable, weight-bearing surface
- Absorb shock
- Replace lost muscle function
- Replicate the anatomical joint
- Restore cosmetic appearance
A wide range of Shock and Torque absorbers are also available at the London Prosthetic Centre.